Q: My car will accelerate but won't drive or go in reverse. I also have an antifreeze leak as well. Does this automatically mean I ne

My car was jerking when I would put it into drive. A couple days later it started over heating & I noticed an antifreeze leak. About a week after that a light with a wrench start to pop on and sometimes while driving my car wouldn't accelerate or drive. I would have turn it off than back on. The next day it would drive but wouldn't go in reverse. That night it wouldn't drive or reverse but still starts up. I was wondering if u should bother getting it checked. Everyone is assuming I need a new transmission which I can't afford so I was going to sell or scrap it. I was wondering if I should bother getting it diagnosised first? Could it be something other than the transmission going out? I don't want to get rid of it and find out it was something else besides the transmission.

You should have it checked at least since it can be a bad shift cable or a bad transmission or low on fluid can all cause it not to go into gear.

3. My car will accelerate but won't drive or go in reverse. I also have an antifreeze leak as well. Does this automatically mean I ne