Q: My car was sputtering and chocking when i hit the gas now the stering wheel wont turn

My car was sputtering and chocking when i hit the gas. Now my steering wheel wont turn i cant drive it

Hi Heather. Thanks for contacting us today. Usually when an engine is frequently sputtering, it is caused by either an engine misfire due to poor ignition system components or clogged fuel delivery. Some common parts that when worn out can cause this to happen are the mass air flow sensor, fuel injectors, throttle body, EGR valve or spark plugs and coil packs. In regards to the steering wheel not turning, it’s typically related to the power of the engine, as they are power steering systems - so when the engine is having difficulty starting, the steering is also impacted in most cases. It is possible that it’s not related to the engine however, and due to a different electrical or mechanical problem. The best advice we can offer is to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location to complete an onsite inspection, so they can determine what is causing these problems and recommend the right repairs.

3. My car was sputtering and chocking when i hit the gas now the stering wheel wont turn