Q: My car was braking at odd times and hesitating others like the brakes were sticking. Finally the ABS and ECU lights came on. I too

My car had been braking at wrong times, and acting weird. I took it to a KIA dealer who told me theABS and ECU system is bad. They said it was not safe to drive that way so until repairs could be made they unplugged the fuse so that I just had regular brakes. Was fine for a few days than the check engine light came on and transmission started having trouble shifting, revving, and the temp gage and RPM gage were just constantly flipping back and forth. I took it to my local mechanic and he says all the problems are related to the ABS system. Could that be affecting the transmission? I don't want to spend 2000.00 to fix brakes if the transmission problem is separate.

Hello, thank you for writing in. Getting multiple opinions is the best option! There is a very strong chance that the issue with the transmission is related to the ABS system. With the fuse unplugged, and the computer looking for that information from the system, it is having issues figuring out what it needs to do. You should start by having the brakes fixed. If by some chance the transmission is also having issues, you will need to service that separately. The computer systems and control modules all communicate with each other constantly. They need each other in order to work as designed. For more help or an inspection on the vehicle, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. My car was braking at odd times and hesitating others like the brakes were sticking. Finally the ABS and ECU lights came on. I too