Q: My car turns in but doesn't accelerate if so once it goes up when u let it go down would never come back up but stays idled

Went to school pick up my kiss got back home when pur in reverse noticed check engine light on but no response in the throttle disconnect the battery 24 hours put it back turn on gas it gas once I let go. Didn't rev up again

A: This may be related to what is called a thr...

This may be related to what is called a throttle position sensor. This is a sensor that monitors the position of your foot on the gas pedal relative to the amount of fuel that the engine is being provided. When you press the pedal down for more fuel, this sensor relays this to the computer which then directs the fuel injection system to provide more fuel to the motor. When this is not working properly, you may experience intermittent throttle response as you have described. A certified YourMechanic technician can be dispatched to your location to help diagnose your check engine light and throttle response issues and suggest any necessary repairs.