Q: My car pills to the left and the tread is wearing out fast on both the outside and inside of the wheel. What's the problem?

My car is pulling to the left and the tread is wearing extremely fast. My new tires only lasted 3 weeks it's on the outside and inside tread I can see wires metal do i need a alignment or something else? The car has no leaks underneath at all and the steering wheel is crooked

Hi, thanks for writing in. A crooked steering wheel that is pulling left is a good indication that the alignment is an issue. It’s either out badly or something in the suspension is bent such as a strut, control arm, tie rod, or any combination. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

3. My car pills to the left and the tread is wearing out fast on both the outside and inside of the wheel. What's the problem?