Q: My car over heats, what can I do?

One week a go, i drove 200km in a toyota Raum, on my way back, the vehicle gave an over heating indication. since it was dark, the point at which i was, looked unsecure and i could not stop immediately. One kilometer away i stopped but by then the vehicle was boiling hot. i got out armed with a wet cloth and gently opened the radiator. it was boiling, with the engine still running i poured about four litres of water into the radiator. is it possible i damaged my engine?

It is possible you ran engine too hot and caused the engine to get damaged. The system being low on coolant is a leak that needs to be checked why the engine is leaking and then see if the engine was damaged from the overheating. The head gasket may have failed along with a stuck thermostat.