Q: My car motor starts on but then shuts off.

Lately it's had these symptoms and I thought it was my battery but when I took it to auto zone they said the battery was good and that it couldn't either be my alternator cause then my battery would have been drained out completely when I start it it makes a weird screeching noise.

Hi There, It sounds like you may have some kind of a fuel delivery problem. This may be related to low fuel pressure, faulty or dirty fuel injectors, a faulty or dirty idle air control valve (this relays information about air intake to the computer which makes fuel adjustments), or potentially a faulty fuel pressure regulator or fuel pump. Fuel delivery problems will typically not allow the proper amount of fuel to be delivered to the cylinders which results in a lean fuel condition which can cause backfiring or simply cause the motor not to start as a result of fuel starvation. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. My car motor starts on but then shuts off.