Q: My car looses power sometimes and if I release the gas and press again it will work, the transmission also downshifts suddenly.

I'm having this problem where my 2004 nissan primera with a qr20 engine and transmission looses power at times, sometimes when i release the gas pedal and press it again it will return to normal, but the problem will re occur shortly after also the transmission would suddenly down shift i have to constantly relase the gas and press back to get it to work, it mostly happens when the car is hot, can you give me some advice on how to fix this problem? Thank you very much div

Hi there. Sounds like the downshift solenoid is loosing power in the transmission. Check the harness to the transmission and make sure that its plugged in all the way. Also, the gas pedal could have a loose connection on the wiring. If the wiring is okay on the gas pedal, then I suggest replacing the downshift solenoid in the transmission. If you need further assistance with your vehicle sometimes loosing power and then downshifting when you let off the gas pedal and then pushing on the gas pedal right away and everything goes back to normal, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• My car looses power sometimes and if I release the gas and press again it will work, the transmission also downshifts suddenly.