Q: My car looses power sometimes and if I release the gas and press again it will work, the transmission also downshifts suddenly.

I'm having this problem where my 2004 nissan primera with a qr20 engine and transmission looses power at times, sometimes when i release the gas pedal and press it again it will return to normal, but the problem will re occur shortly after also the transmission would suddenly down shift i have to constantly relase the gas and press back to get it to work, it mostly happens when the car is hot, can you give me some advice on how to fix this problem? Thank you very much div

3. My car looses power sometimes and if I release the gas and press again it will work, the transmission also downshifts suddenly.