Q: My car just stopped one day and it doesnt move at all and wont lock into gear

im not sure if its the shift cable , backup/neutral safety switch, the transmission, torque converter, left axle, bad right pump or what.

A: Hey there. The first thing to check is the ...

Hey there. The first thing to check is the transmission fluid level. All of the shift activity on this gearbox utilizes hydraulic pressure under solenoid control. Another possibility is a failed pump drive (from the torque convertor). If this is the case, there is no hydraulic pressure to do anything - resulting in symptoms like you describe. I recommend having an expert inspect the shifting problem in person in order to have this corrected. You may need to visit a transmission specialist for a situation like this.