My car jerks when im at a complete stop l4-2.5l 2005 alti...

Q: My car jerks when im at a complete stop

asked by on July 05, 2017

When im at a stop my car starts jerking. I think it might be the fuel pump because my car is also having problems starting up.

Hi there. Assuming the brakes are fine and you are not referring to the car actually moving when it’s stopped, this type of problem is typically associated with a fuel delivery or mixture issue. In some cases it can be the fuel pump, mass air flow sensor or a vacuum leak that is causing this type of issue. Before you decide to replace any parts, it would be a good idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete an inspection to isolate the source of this problem and recommend the right repairs.