Q: My car jerks when im at a complete stop

asked by on July 05, 2017

When im at a stop my car starts jerking. I think it might be the fuel pump because my car is also having problems starting up.

Car idle is rough Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Assuming the brakes are fine and you are not referring to the car actually moving when it’s stopped, this type of problem is typically associated with a fuel delivery or mixture issue. In some cases it can be the fuel pump, mass air flow sensor or a vacuum leak that is causing this type of issue. Before you decide to replace any parts, it would be a good idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete an inspection to isolate the source of this problem and recommend the right repairs.