Q: My car is making a crunching noise, even rolling in neutral. More so on uneven ground.

I'm getting this crunching grinding noise I tried rolling in neutral and it made the noise mostly on uneven ground and breaking it doesn't do it all the Tim I had new breaks put on in april

A hard grinding noise especially when braking is generally a sign there is a bad wheel bearing or there may be metal on metal contact on the brake rotor from a completely worn brake pad. If the grind is bad enough, you may hear the noise at low speeds on or off the brakes as well. If you put new brake pads on both the front and rear, have a technician look for a stuck caliper or wheel bearing issue. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and take a closer look at your grinding noise and offer a more personal diagnosis.

• My car is making a crunching noise, even rolling in neutral. More so on uneven ground.