My car is dying on me while driving and in idle nissan st...

Q: My car is dying on me while driving and in idle

asked by on December 26, 2017

Hi! My car is dying on me while driving and in idle

The first thing to check for in any drivability problem is air leaks. Any air that gets into the engine without being measured will lean out the system and cause problems. Look at all the rubber hoses and boots under the hood to be sure they are well connected and in good condition. If the check engine light is not on, it probably should be. Turn the key on without starting the engine, the CEL should be on. This is a bulb check feature. If the stays on it means there are trouble codes stored that can help in the diagnosis. These can be read by a technician with the appropriate scan tool. If you don’t find an air leak as a source of trouble, there is little that you can do in the way of proper diagnosis without spacial equipment and know how. To get professional help at your convenience contact YourMechanic. They will send a technician to your home or office to check out your stalling problem and let you know what needs to be done.