Q: my car is almost dying and at 40mph wont go over 2000rpms sometimes under that.

i have a 2002 gmc envoy and recently i was driving it when all the sudden i hit 40 and my car started to vibrate really badly at 2000rpms while i was accelerating. i got to the top of the hill i was going up and pulled over and checked my oil and gauges and looked under the car and nothing out of the ordinary. I do however have a problem with my oil gauge currently where under 10 mph i loose all pressure in the gauge till i stop then it jumps up and down. i check my oil everyday and it seems fine. When i got home from the fist part of this inquiry it kept dropping below 500rpms and wanting to die so i had to keep revving it to park it. if it's anything super major i would like to know so that i can either A take it to a shop or B part it out and get something new. Mind you i have already put $1500 in sensors into it during summer when my gas tank sounded like it was boiling.

Hi there. After reviewing your question, it is quite possible that you have an oil circulation or lubrication problem; possibly caused by an obstruction in the oil lines, faulty oil pump or too much debris (sludge) in the motor. When this occurs, sometimes the ECU will see the issue and trigger an error code. It is also possible that other mechanical component failures exist, so it’s probably best to have a professional mechanic complete a car is slow to accelerate inspection first, before you spend money on repairs.

• my car is almost dying and at 40mph wont go over 2000rpms sometimes under that.