Q: My car does not go over 15mph? How much is a MAP sensor? 2003 Kia Rio

I just bought this car used about a month ago. The engine light is on and when I first got it it wouldnt start. It then started fine and drove ok. Then today I started to drive to work and it wouldnt go over 15mph and when I tried to push harder on the gas it made a whistling noise.

Hi there - several problems could cause the loss of poweryou are experiencing. First task is to retrieve the problem codes that are causing the Check Engine light to come on - that will make diagnosis and repair faster and less expensive. Problems with the throttle position sensor, air leaks in the intake (whistling sound), restricted exhaust or catalytic converter, and poor engine tune. I would recommend an engine inspection to determine what’s causing these problems by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. My car does not go over 15mph? How much is a MAP sensor? 2003 Kia Rio