Q: My car died while on the freeway and I lost all power to my headlights, taillights, blinkers, power steering, windows and door loc

While I was driving on the freeway, I lost power to all my lights, power steering and even power to my door locks and windows. I checked the battery and it's fine as well as my fuse box and alternator and I still don't know what the problem is.

Hi there. Power to operate your vehicle during operation is supplied by the alternator. If you lost power to all systems, it will be caused by either the alternator failing, or an electrical relay or connection being damaged. Circuit tests should be performed to prove the failure(s). It could be that the fusible link(s) have burned near the battery positive cable. If the fusible link(s) have burned, the short that caused the failure needs to be identified. It could be a faulty ignition switch is the source of your issues as well. It would be a good idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete an electrical components inspection so they can determine what is causing your problems.

3. My car died while on the freeway and I lost all power to my headlights, taillights, blinkers, power steering, windows and door loc