Q: My C240 Mercedes feels like it's skipping and the Check Engine Light is on

It's skipping

Hey there. The Check Engine Light comes on when there is a fault stored in the engine control module. A fault can be set by any number of sensors, ignition, or fuel system components that may have gone bad. A certified technician can diagnose why the Check Engine Light is on by connecting a scan tool to the vehicle’s diagnostic port. The scan tool will identify why the check engine light is on and lead the technician down the proper path to correct the issue. Have the system diagnosed as soon as possible to avoid doing damage to the engine or other components.

• My C240 Mercedes feels like it's skipping and the Check Engine Light is on