Q: My BMW was idling and it jus overheated and died.... My radiator was bone dry what should I do

asked by on March 08, 2018

My BMW was idling and it jus overheated and died ... My radiator was bone dry ... What should i do

This could be serious. Driving a car while it is overheating can do a lot of damage to the engine. The cylinder walls need to be bathed in coolant at all times or the surfaces become so hot that the precision sliding parts inside begin to melt. If you drove it until it shut down, chances are there was some damage. But don’t throw in the towel just yet. You need to find out why the coolant is gone and fix that, then get the cooling system filled and try to start the car again. Once (if) you have it running, you can evaluate just how bad the damage was. To get help with this, contact YourMechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your BMW and let you know what can be done for it.