Q: My air conditioning isn't working

My air conditioning has decided to die on me. There is no light on the knob but when I turn the dials it makes a little clunky noise. Could it be lack of coolant? As I've checked this and it's in need of it. My car is a 2005 1.2 fiat punto. Would it be possible to fill it up and it be working again?

A: Hi there: If your air conditioning is not ...

Hi there:

If your air conditioning is not blowing cold air, then the issue may be as simple as needing to be recharged with the correct refrigerant. However, it could also be an air compressor or a coolant leak that is causing the lack of cool air. If the air doesn’t blow at all, it’s most likely the blower motor that is faulty or damaged. To know for certain, you might want to have a professional mechanic complete an air conditioning is not working inspection.