Q: my ac compresser in my 2004 pt cruiser works then shuts off

when i turn on my ac compresser its works for a little bit and then stops. My ac stops working after this.my plug is connected but gives off pressure and then stops. seems like it was never their. why does my plug give off so much pressure

Hello, thank you for writing in. If the compressor is cycling when it should not be, there is an issue with regulating temperature. You want to look at the pressure switch going to the compressor. If it is not to blame, you want to look at the expansion valve and the engine temperature sensors. Ask yourself what happens when the AC goes out. Does the fan stop blowing, or does the air get warm? This will give you insight on if the blower motor is being effected or not. If it is, the electrical connection is being cut off and so is the condenser. If the air just gets warm, you know you have a pressure issue. For more help with diagnostics, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. my ac compresser in my 2004 pt cruiser works then shuts off