Q: My 2008 Prius is shaking very badly in the last 24 hrs. and we've hit nothing.

Our car just started shaking last night a little bit, but now when I drove it at lunch (low speed), it's visibly swaying left to right on the road. We've checked the lug nuts, balanced the pressure to 36 lbs per tire, and it feels like something's going to drop any second. When driving very slowly, about 5 miles per hour in a parking lot, and no hands on the wheel, the wheel spins far left going forward, and far to the right in reverse. Please help?

Hi Laurie. Thanks for contacting us today. Based on your feedback, you have a rather serious suspension or steering component failure. I would strongly recommend having a professional mobile mechanic come to your location to complete an on-site inspection to determine exactly what is causing it, and what repairs would be required. Depending on the condition, we might be able to repair this for you at your location, but anytime suspension work is completed, it’s a good idea to have the suspension aligned after.

3. My 2008 Prius is shaking very badly in the last 24 hrs. and we've hit nothing.