Q: My 2006 Silverado truck seems to be burning oil is this an expensive fix?

My 2006 silverado seems to be short in oil every 2 weeks a check it, it doesn't seems to be dripping so I'm assuming it burning it. Is this an expensive fix?

Hi there. In most cases, when the engine burns oil or consumes oil every few weeks as you’ve described, it’s caused by one of two things; valve guides that are worn out, or piston rings that are damaged. Both of these components are internal and can be rather pricey to repair or replace.

• My 2006 Silverado truck seems to be burning oil is this an expensive fix?