Q: My 2005 accord Honda will turn over but if I don't keep my foot on the gas it dies with a loud clattering from the engine. Any ideas?

Car has been acting strange lately. Heat doesn't work, check engine and maintenance required light has been on for a while. When I start the car it won't stay on unless I keep my foot on the gas. It's very cold around here probably around 30 degrees most days. I did not put antifreeze in it, and the battery is old, though my dad exchanged it for another used battery. Loud clicking/pattering comes from engine.

3. My 2005 accord Honda will turn over but if I don't keep my foot on the gas it dies with a loud clattering from the engine. Any ideas?