Q: My 2001 Honda Civic 5speed cruise control light comes on then goes off and my cruise first work

My 2001 Honda Civic cruise control light on the dash comes on when I let up on the set button but goes off and the cruise doesn't work.

The cruise control does a self check when you start it and it will shut itself off if it sees anything wrong. One simple problem that can keep it from working is the brake lights. Get a friend to help you check your brake lights, simply having a bulb out can keep the cruise control from functioning. If you don’t find the problem there and you need help with this you can contact Your Mechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your Honda cruise system and let you know what it is going to take to fix it.

3. My 2001 Honda Civic 5speed cruise control light comes on then goes off and my cruise first work