Q: My 2001 Honda Accord keeps overheating

My Honda 01 car recently starts overheating with the needle sensor not indicatin temperature rise. When AC is on the, I can drive the car a for about ten minutes without overheating but when the AC is off, overting starts in less than 4 minutes. Cooling fan works in idling when AC is on but not when AC is not on. I left the car for 3 minutes without AC on, and the cooling did not move, but moves if I switch on the AC. Coolant is intact and i can't find leaks. I changed the fuse controlling the fan, but this did not solve the problem. What could be the cause?

This can be caused by a number of things such as low coolant levels, a faulty thermostat, a clogged radiator or a failing coolant fan switch. As you may know the coolant fan switch helps to maintain the proper coolant temperature by turning on and off at specific temperature thresholds. When this switch is not working properly, this can cause the fans to come on intermittently, all the time or sometimes not at all. When this happens you will notice a temperature spike and drop occasionally as the fan comes on and off. I would suggest having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose your cooling system.

3. My 2001 Honda Accord keeps overheating