Q: MIL is shown when crossed 100km/hr speed.

Hi, I own Nissan Sunny (2012). I went on a long drive and when i crossed 100km/h mark then the MIL lit and it stayed on. I stopped engine and re-ignited again. The indicator was not shown. But when crossed 100km/hr speed then it was lit again and stayed. Please suggest

Hello. We will be happy to assist you. Running a scan tool Diagnostics on the engine control module will help discover why the check engine light is on and why it only comes on at certain intervals. Usually on a Sunny, the cause of them having a malfunction when reaching a certain speed is a transmission issue, such as a faulty speed sensor. There have been other instances where a transmission fluid exchange would help alleviate the problem but at times a new transmission would be needed. I suggest that you have a technician run a scan diagnostics on your vehicle as the first step towards fixing it.

Please keep in mind that the technicians here at YourMechanic can perform such diagnostics.

You are able to find a technician and schedule an appointment here

https://www.yourmechanic.com