Q: Mazda6 2010: Pass AirBag Off lights up when i turn on ignition, then turns off a few seconds later. Is that a Warning?

Mazda6 2010: Pass AirBag Off lights up when i turn on ignition, then turns off a few seconds later. Is that a Warning? Maybe i haven't notice it until now, but i don't remember it lighting up when i start my car. I recently purchased this car used and i don't remember seeing that light up.

Your vehicle is equipped with a driver and front passenger "occupant classification system". Consequently, the front passenger air bag deactivation indicator light will illuminate for a specified time after the ignition is switched ON. That brief illumination serves as a warning light "bulb check" as well as an indication that an internal diagnostic check of the airbag system has been performed and passed. However, the air bag deactivation indicator light is also required to illuminate constantly based on occupant conditions, according to a set schedule. That schedule is described on Page 2-54 et. seq. of Mazda’s on-line Owner’s Manual for the 2010 Mazda 6. You should review that on-line document to fully understand the operation of the warning light and the passenger side airbag system. If you need further assistance, please simply request a warning light diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will further address your concerns. If you have further questions, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Mazda6 2010: Pass AirBag Off lights up when i turn on ignition, then turns off a few seconds later. Is that a Warning?