Q: Q: Low MPG

IM HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE FUEL INNECTION CLEANING. ITS A GDI SO DOES IT REQUIRE A CERTAIN ADDITIVE LIKE SEAFOAM? Also my car makes a cluttering noise trying to go up hills its sounds like the oil is old but just recently got a oil change.

Generally speaking, injectors are very reliable components. For some years now injectors have been designed to be self cleaning and don’t need any maintenance. Cleaners that are sold that are added to the gas tank, like Sea Foam, can actually harm fuel injectors over time if the mix ratio is wrong and you use it regularly. If you have a bad injector the best thing to have a fuel injector replacement service.

Cluttering or dieseling is usually a sign of pre-detonation. In your vehicle, the timing is controlled by the computer. So unless you had the timing belt replaced recently, and the timing is off a bit, the dieseling is probably caused by carbon in the cylinders. Normally, fuel is ignited by the spake plug at a specific time. The carbon is like a piece of charcoal and ignites the fuel prematurely. When this happens, the engine basically is fighting itself. I suggest seeking help from a qualified mechanic such as one from YourMechanic, to help you identify the source of the cluttering sound.