Q: Low fuel light on - 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 3500

The dash in my car is showing the low fuel light illuminated. I had the fuel pump replaced. The rear gas tank is full, while the front one is about half full. When I start the car when the engine is cold, like in the morning after it sat for the night, the fuel gauge would jump up and then down. The low fuel light illuminates again. What might be causing this?

Hello. There are a few possibilities for why this is happening. The fuel pump could have a bad float, and as a result is causing a problem with the dashboard itself. The circuit board in the instrument cluster can be bad as well. To have the low fuel light diagnosed, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect this.

3. Low fuel light on - 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 3500