Q: Q: Loud noise when accelerating

There is a hole in the flex pipe. The vehicle makes a loud noise when accelerating.

A flex pipe is designed into the exhaust system to allow movement between the exhaust and the motor. Over time, the flex pipe can rust out and break. Bad motor mounts can also allow excessive movement between the exhaust system and the motor itself. This extra movement can cause premature flex pipe failures. An inspection of your car’s exhaust system and motor mounts should be carried out by a qualified technician, like the ones offered her at YourMechanic to ensure the correct fix for your concern.

3. Q: Loud noise when accelerating