Q: Loud humming/buzzing from new tires

I replaced tires on my 2006 Infiniti G35x with the Douglas Performance Tire 215/55r17 94V SL. While the tires perform well (tracking, handling, braking, cornering, etc) on city streets and highway, there is a VERY noticeable "hum" or "buzz" emanating from the tires, especially noticeable at 40mph and higher. It sounds like an airplane propeller while the plane is in the air. I took the car back to WalMart and they said nothing is unusual and to continue to monitor the noise (no help in finding a solution). The wheel bearings, struts, springs, wheels and tire balance have been checked and all is good. Decent tire for the car, but that noise is insufferable. No other tires I've put on that car were that loud...is there anything that can be done to mitigate/eliminate the noise or am I stuck with it until it's time to replace the tires again? Can being out of proper alignment cause the tires to make the sound? Thank you for your time and expertise.

A: If you did not have the noise before the ne...

If you did not have the noise before the new tires then you know the noise is from the tires. Run your hand over the surface of each tire in one direction and then go in the opposite direction. You should not feel any difference in the feel. If you feel bumps in one or both direction then you have tires that has uneven tread wear. This can be from tires that are used or defective. You should always have your alignment checked when installing new tires but alignment should not cause any noise issues in tires if you just put them on. Have another shop or mechanic like one from YourMechanic check the tire noise and tires to isolate the cause and document if it is tires or another problem.