Q: leaking lower radiator hose at shut off

Water leaks from my lower radiator hose when I shut it off rather than return to my overflow reservoir. Is this likely a clogged coolant system? If so, would a coolant system flush be the right fix?

The leak will not be resolved by a coolant flush. To resolve the leak, please schedule service using YourMechanic’s coolant leak diagnostic and repair service page. During the same visit, the mechanic can deal with the reserve tank fault that you are describing. If coolant does not flow into and out of the reserve tank, there could be a problem with the radiator cap and/or the tubing to the reserve tank could have a clog, kink, or obstruction. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. leaking lower radiator hose at shut off