Q: Land Rover overheating

My engine is overheating. I think it might need a new head gasket.

A: A blown head gasket is a byproduct of overh...

A blown head gasket is a byproduct of overheating. The original cause of the overheating needs to be diagnosed. If not your engine will overheat again and ruin whatever work is done. Chemicals are often used by technicians, such as ones from YourMechanic, to detect combustion gases in the cooling system. If combustion is detected a blown head gasket is certain and extensive repairs will be required to get your car back up and running.