Q: Lag loss of power

Sometimes I get lag in 3 or 4 gear. I've had oil change and filter,air filter but haven't changed fuel filter yet. I've put dpf additives in which I think has made some difference. Sometimes it's fine then it comes back again the lag.????

A: Hi there: In many cases when a 2.0 liter f...

Hi there:

In many cases when a 2.0 liter four-cylinder motor is lagging in higher gears it's an indication of a slipping clutch or slipping transmission issue. This could be triggered by faulty speed sensors connected to the transmission that could be sending faulty data to the ECU, or mechanical issues such as ignition timing problems with the motor. The reality is that there could be multiple problems going on at the same time to cause this problem, so it's probably a good idea to have a professional mechanic complete an engine is losing power inspection before you start buying parts or attempting to make repairs.