Q: Knock sensor 2000 Chevrolet Lumina

The service engine soon light came on, so I had it checked and I was told it was the knock sensor. So I replaced it and the light still comes on after the sensor was replaced and the codes for the sensor were deleted.

Hi - first task is to recheck what codes are still present that represent a "knock sensor failure". There may be an additional problem that has changed engine timing (worn timing chain for example) that is causing an engine knock (re-ignition) condition, rather than the sensor failing. I would recommend an engine inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Knock sensor 2000 Chevrolet Lumina