Q: Key stays in cranking position until it starts - 2012 Honda Odyssey

I took it in to Honda of Katy,Tx. They replaced battery because of dead cell , but still continued with same problem I was told that it went through a fuel pressure test and was not an issue. mechanics told me they cannot diagnose when car seems to be running good. talked to another mechanic he said it could be the chip in my remote key I used another key still the same. cant be battery because it cranks, starter is turning, fuel pressure good, recently changed spark plugs thinking it was that, on the road runs better than a new car. no hesitation pick-up power very good, just a few second tell it starts the only thing I have done personally is change a wiring harness on head lamp. I am a bib believer of servicing my vehicle .

A: Hello. If the key stays in cranking positio...

Hello. If the key stays in cranking position until it starts, the issue may be related to the ignition switch or lock cylinder. These are the components that control the starting circuit. If the key is physically remaining in the same position, then it may be possible that the switch or cylinder are jamming or broken.

The ignition lock cylinder is the mechanical cylinder that the key physically enters and turns in, in order to power on and start the vehicle, which then turns the ignition switch, the actual electrical switch that controls power to the vehicle. If there is a mechanical issue with the cylinder, or an electrical issue with the switch, it can cause the key to remain stuck or the starting circuit to remain engaged, causing the engine to continue cranking. I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine why the key is in an unusual position and suggest any needed repairs.