Q: Key fob does not work after long after replacing battery.

My car mechanic says I need to check battery in my Traverse. Not cranking like it should. Would this affect the fob not unlocking my doors all the time?

A: Hi there. One of the many side effects of a...

Hi there. One of the many side effects of a worn out battery is that it loses cranking amps which are needed to effectively activate your starter motor. However, your battery also operates multiple ancillary systems of your car, like door locks, and power windows. Sometimes door locks can be effected by loose wires, bad fuses or the motors that operate them would be wearing out.

Depending on where you live and other factors, such as extreme weather (hot or cold), the average battery life is about two to three years. If you're reaching that threshold, get in touch with a local ASE certified mechanic to replace your battery.

Recommended services
Get a Quote