Q: Keep trying or get another

So my car is overheating and I have tried different mechanics and processes to try and figure what exactly is wrong. They do not seem to be working so I was thinking I could get another car, and sell mine. Of course I would love to fix my car but I'm a college kid so I don't have the time or money to be wasting. I was thinking of getting another JDM type car, something like an Acura RSX or Integra. If I do go that route which JDM car would be a good fit. Daily driver, but cheap enough for me to be able to do minor modifications to?

A: Buying a JDM car, whole - is not something ...

Buying a JDM car, whole - is not something easily done, since cars built for other markets don't necessarily meet U.S. crash and emissions standards. Unless it is a model sold here, it will require Federal DOT certification. You can certify cars from other markets, but this is often very expensive, and takes time. Another angle to consider, if your existing car is in decent shape otherwise, would be to purchase a JDM engine assembly (Honda Civic). These are quite reasonably priced from importers, and make this repair largely a "bolt-in" project. There are a number of importers of these engines, and most come with some sort of warranty. Check them out on the Internet. JDM engines tend to be a pretty reliable alternative, since Japanese emissions and recycling standards are much higher than ours.