Q: Just took it to the shop and it worked fine, got an oil change , replaced a drive belt, and now car wont start. No lights are on.

Car wont start when i insert the keys into the ignition when i try to crank it and no sound is made,and i have a new battery. The car seems totally dead but it was fine a week ago. Recently took the car to the auto shop and was told everything worked fine. Had an oil change and they also replaced the drive belt.And it drove fine since i drove somewhere 4 hours away, and im now stranded.No lights work in the car, everything is off, and my keys had trouble getting into the car manually. The key fob stopped working too. I dont believe the battery is corroded or what attaches to it. The car is currently parked in the garage where the temperature is slightly cold. I havent used the car in a few days but didn't expect it to not work at all 9 days after not using it. Its an Oldsmobile Alero 2004, and also the back windows dont work anymore in the car. A few months ago those stopped working. And had the brakes replaced a few months ago too. Slowly it seems like this car is falling apart.

Hi there. It’s possible that your battery has died, the battery cables are damaged or corroded or the main electrical relay is faulty and needs to be replaced. In order to determine what is causing your Alero to not start or have any power, it’s best to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to start inspection, so they can pinpoint the precise source of your car’s issues and ensure the right repairs are made.

Hi there. Sorry to hear you’re having problems with your Alero. I owned one and it had similar problems with constant repairs; especially electrical problems. I believe this is what’s going on with your Alero. It’s possible that the battery is dead, battery cables are corroded or damaged or a main electrical relay is the source of your hard to start issue. Since there are several individual components that could be faulty, it is probably best to have one of our mobile mechanics come to your location and complete a car is hard to start inspection first, before any repairs are attempted.

3. Just took it to the shop and it worked fine, got an oil change , replaced a drive belt, and now car wont start. No lights are on.