Q: How does the driver’s side window switch work?

asked by on December 14, 2015

How does the driver’s side window switch work?

The driver’s side window switch in your car is the master control for the entire system. You can operate each window from this one switch (it’s connected by wires to the window motors in each door). There are also additional controls found. Here’s what you need to know:

1. Window Locks: This button locks the passenger windows and prevents them from moving. The window will operate normally from the driver’s window switch group with the switch in the locked position.

2. Power Locks: The power door lock switch is found on the window switch panel.

3. Four Windows Switches: A switch for each window can be found here as well. Pull up on the outer edge of the switch to roll up a window and press down on the back to roll one down.

Tips

• The driver side window switch offers automatic up and down capabilities.

• The passenger front window switch will also offer automatic up/down if your car is equipped with this feature.