Q: Just had radiator replaced in March but car overheated today. Fluid level fine - what could be happening?

Had radiator and cap replaced in March and now the car overheated. The fluids appeared to be filled properly and yesterday it overheated in a fast food line. I replaced the cap again in case that was it. Car steamed more than usual this morning when my daughter drove it to the grocery store. What could be causing this and can I fix it?

A: It sounds like there may be a problem with ...

It sounds like there may be a problem with your cooling fan. If it is not working, the car can overheat when stationary. A quick way to check this is to turn on the air conditioning. The cooling fan should be running whenever the air conditioning is on.

If the fan doesn’t turn on with the air conditioning there is a problem. Another possibility is that the water pump impeller has failed, so the coolant is not circulating. If the coolant is not circulating, it cannot be cooled down by the radiator. We notified our customer service team about your issue, and they will get in contact with you soon about your overheating problem. You can also give us our team a call at 1-888-341-3994. They we will help you solve your problem.