Q: Jump starting

My Mondeo has a flat battery. I need to start it to get to a garage for a new one. Is it safe, or indeed permissible to use my wife's (brand-new) Fiat Panda to get a jump start?

I would say it is perfectly safe to use another vehicle to jump start your own. When jump starting, always be sure to connect positive and then negative. Also, make sure that you have good connection to the terminals. Certain vehicle makes have small terminals and can make it difficult to keep a solid connection. If you cannot perform this task on your own, feel free to enlist in a qualified professional, like one from YourMechanic, to service your dead battery.

3. Jump starting