Q: Judder at low speed and lose power

Ford Mondeo 1.8 zetec has cold start wen engine is cold, Judders in 1st 2nd 3rd gear only at take off for any 30secs ,it takes time to build up speed and time to drop speed. Sometimes i have a petrol smell in car.I gave car a major service and changed leads. Wat could it be??

A: There are a few options to consider when di...

There are a few options to consider when diagnosing a loss of power problem like this. It would appear you are having and issue with either fuel, air, or spark. Were these issues occurring before or after the work you had done? If it started after, you need to verify every part of those repairs. If it was occurring before the previous work, then inspect or have the following inspected: fuel pump, fuel filter, throttle and throttle body, fuel injectors, air filter, air intake, spark plug, ignition cables, ignition module or distributor, and run a code scan for any sensor issues detectable by the ECU. If you feel this is related to the transmission, and these issues only occur when shifting, you will want a transmission service. If getting this done by a professional, then have them do a visual inspection of the transmission during this process.