Q: Jerking during acceleration and shifting, going uphill

I'm having problems with my car jerking as I drive uphill. It happens during shifting, when I try to accelerate. Because of this, my entire car starts shaking. The dashboard shows check engine light flickering randomly. I took it to a shopp to get my transmission checked but the problem never appeared during the checkup. They read the error codes as well. There was low tire pressure and cruise control. I don't have the latter feature. Do you have any idea what could cause my car to jolt and jerk? Thanks.

A: It sounds like you may have been experienci...

It sounds like you may have been experiencing a misfire. When an engine is misfiring, it can cause the engine to become imbalanced and cause the vibrations that you were experiencing. Another indication of a misfire would be a flashing Check Engine Light. Most manufacturers only allow the Check Engine Light to flash in the event of a misfire.

I would recommend having your ignition system inspected by a certified technician. This inspection would go over the spark plugs, ignition coils, and any other wiring associated with the ignition system. When the technician finishes their diagnosis of your car’s shaking issue, he/she will relay the information over to you to make an informed repair decision.