Q: it's turning over but not wanting to start.

asked by on June 08, 2016

My vehicle turns over but doesn't want to start. We have switched out the fuel injectors, fuel pump, fuel lines and fuel filter. We have a new oil pressure switch. New spark plugs and wires.new throttle body. New rodator button. And a new transmission line. We don't know what else is wrong and why it won't crank up.

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Checking all the basics will usually locate the problem. You didn’t mention whether you have verified good spark from the coil wire. Confirm that the plug wires are on right. That distributor turns clockwise, and the firing order is 1-6-5-4-3-2 . The ignition module and pick-up coil in the distributor can both prevent starting. Fuel pressure needs to be tested and should be at least 75 psi while cranking with the return line blocked off. A compression test will help you determine if low compression on your high mileage engine is preventing it from starting. All of this can be tested to avoid replacing parts that are working. If you would like to have your starting issue inspected by a professional, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose and repair your car.