Q: It does not stay on

I recently changed out the spark plugs and ignition coils on my wife's nissan and after i put everything back on when i try to start it, it turned on but turned right back off and i even tried giving it gas but that did not work so i double check to see if i missed anything when i put it back together and eveything was where it's supposed to go

A: If the car starts, even for just a few seco...

If the car starts, even for just a few seconds, this generally means you have spark in most or all of the cylinders. When it fails to stay running, this is typically related to a fuel supply issue such as low fuel pressure, failing or leaking fuel injectors, a faulty MAF sensor or idle air control valve. Fuel injection requires a specific amount of fuel pressure to keep the engine running and when this is too low, this can cause the engine to stall. Faulty fuel injectors can also cause this by either not providing enough fuel or providing too much fuel when leaking causing the motor to flood itself when it is not able to burn all of the fuel in the cylinder. The idle air control valve is a unit that monitors the air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the motor. When this is not working properly, this can cause an imbalance in the air/fuel mixture resulting in too much or too little fuel being supplied to the motor causing it to stall. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your car to properly diagnose and repair.