Q: Is tire alignment really important?

At the dealership to get an oil change, and they told me to get 3 new tires and an alignment. I'm getting the tires. I know a good amount about alignment and I know it's important. But I just want a professional option and see like how important it really is? Thanks so much.

Hi There, Tire alignment is an important thing to consider especially when installing new tires as this is the most appropriate time to have them aligned since they are new. The reason for this is that it starts the tires off with the best opportunity to wear correctly. As you may know, the alignment controls how the cars wheels track down the road and the angle at which the tire touches the road. Having your tires properly aligned when they are first installed gives you the best chance for keeping them wearing properly and avoiding abnormal wear patterns which usually result in premature destruction of the tire.

3. Is tire alignment really important?