Q: is the anti theft control module the reason why my car turns off immideatly when i turn it on ?

whenever i turn on my car it just turns off immediatly. when its on for that split second it says steering wheel adjust lock. but the sterring wheel lock might just be broken. we thought that our car was immiadetly turning off was because of the anti theft control module. so were asking now does it really turn it off ?

Your car has what Mercedes calls the Driver Authorization System. "DAS" if the DAS does not recognize your key via an electronic code, it will not start at all. If your car starts and shuts off immediately, there is some other problem. It could be a problem in the fuel pump relay, which runs the pump while you crank the car, then waits for a signal from the ECU to keep it running after the car starts. But don’t run out and buy a fuel pump relay yet, they are expensive and there might be some other issue. You need to have the car diagnosed by someone with the right scan equipment and knowledge of the system. Otherwise you might end up buying a lot of expensive parts that you don’t need. If you contact Your Mechanic, they can send a technician to your home or office to diagnose your Mercedes and recommend a fix.

• is the anti theft control module the reason why my car turns off immideatly when i turn it on ?