Q: Is my starter getting enough power?

I have been trying to start my automatic scooter with no avail. Solenoid engages fine. when i jump the solenoid the starter turns but slowly. Does not enage the engine however. Is it that im not getting enough power from the battery or something more?

If the battery is of the right size (i.e., has sufficient CCA), just have the battery load tested to make sure it is in good shape. With a usable battery, you’ll then want to measure the voltage drop in the starter circuit. If you have a large voltage drop, the starter will not be able to draw adequate power from the battery and that can account for the difficulty. If there is no voltage drop, and the battery is good, failure of the starter to perform is due to either a bad starter or some unusual mechanical resistance in the engine you are trying to start. To diagnose that, you can simply attempt to turn the engine over by hand, with the spark plugs removed, and see how it feels. If you want the foregoing diagnostic steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a no start diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. Please let us know if you have further concerns or questions as we are always here to help you.

3. Is my starter getting enough power?