Q: Instrument panel lighting problem

Replaced all bulbs in my instrument panel, turn signal indicator bulbs come on when the parking lights or headlights are turned on. The turn signal indicator light functions properly when the parking or headlights are off.

Hi there. In older vehicles like your 78 Ford, this type of problem is related to an exposed wire that is causing an electrical short. It could also be a fault with the electrical cluster behind the dash. You should be able to access the back of the dashboard through the engine compartment so you can see if you’ve got an exposed wire or find the source of the short.

3. Instrument panel lighting problem