Q: Inside edge of tires wearing out too fast

The "Reduced Engine Power" message keeps showing. After the message appears, the power stops and the car drives very slowly. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the problem. It happens intermittently, but more and more often now. The mechanic thought the problem was a sensor in the air cleaner and he repaired that. However, the problem is "still" occurring!

The Reduced Engine Power light indicates the computer going into failure mode. This mode is to protect you from a possible problem of the throttle getting too high. The mode happens when one of the engine sensors is having a problem. The problem is intermittent, which is why the Reduced Engine Power light happens intermittently. Have the Check Engine Light scanned and the codes tested to properly diagnose the loss of power condition. The last mechanic may have thought he fixed the problem, but may have missed something, or the sensor may be bad after he did the repair.

3. Inside edge of tires wearing out too fast